Cleaning Plasti Dip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jneto9508 View Post
    can you also use simple green on the whole car that is dipped ?
    Yes! You can use simple green with anything that is dipped!

Originally posted by Worship79 View Post
    Good video!
    Thanks!

Comment

nice one thomas thanks, quick question who makes that simple green? See if I can get it in the uk.
      Cheers
      Dan
      Cheers
      Dan

Dippage so far:- Bonnet vent, 4 wheels, Whole car baby! Linky

Comment

^

http://www.simplegreen.com/about_us_global_partners.php
        DYC Moderator

First Big Dipper (500 Posts)
        Second Pro Dipper (1000 Posts)

Contact Me For Assistance/Reportings

Comment

is there any sort of clear coat on the wheels that would make them easier to clean as well?

Comment

bookmarked, cheers beast.
            Cheers
            Dan

Dippage so far:- Bonnet vent, 4 wheels, Whole car baby! Linky

Comment

I used simple green on whole car and it looks like its stained,blue .weird

Comment

Originally posted by jdmz32 View Post
                What color was the car?
                Do you have any pictures?

Comment

Has been a concern regarding white. Thanks
                  sigpic

WeDipWhips.com
                  504 N. Newstead
                  St. Louis, MO 63108
                  Facebook: ShoOffAutoSpa
                  Instagram: ShoOffAutoSpa DipGameOnLock TheDipLoMatte
                  (314) 289-8833

Comment

Originally posted by A4 Quattro View Post
                    I used this stuff (and method) on the green wheels. Only 20-30% of the brake dust came off. I've used almost the whole bottle now, still only 30% max comes off. I've yet to find a good way of deep cleaning my wheels. Maybe this stuff likes white more than the colors?
                    I'm not an experienced dipper (yet) but i detail and correct auto paint for a living. As Thomas said it does make a difference as to what type of brake pads you have....now i can't say how this will work on plasti-dip because i don't know how chemically resistant it is, but Meguiar's sells a product called Wheel Brightener....it IS acidic so...do a test spot first if you do try to use it. You dilute it down 4:1...but still, its strong stuff.

The other option that works awesome for brake dust is called Optimum Power Clean. It's more surface friendly but still a very powerful cleaner. It too can be diluted down but full strength = sweetness. Just be sure to work in the shade while your wheels are cool. Also you may find that using a soft tipped brush or Wheel Woolies work better at loosening the grit. The Woolies are mainly for wheel barrels but are AWESOME...even at that price..worth every penny IMO.
                    Wills
                    Windows & Wheels Auto Detailing LLC
                    www.WindowsAndWheels.com
                    "It's not acceptable if it's not exceptional"

Comment

Originally posted by jdmz32 View Post
                      Did you work in the shade? Did you allow the product to dry on the surface? You may want to consider doing a re-rinse on the entire car first to help remove the loose dirt (just like washing a car that has factory paint), then spraying 1 panel at a time...washing it...and then rinsing it...and continuing. That way you aren't letting a chemical sit so long that it actually has a chance to dry (and thus stain) the paint. Again, as i said in my post above, not a dip pro but...having spent 1000's of hours of my life detailing cars....ive learned sometimes small things make a big difference.

One more note, id also be sure you don't let the water sit and dry on the car either...not sure how PD reacts to it but on paint...its a quick way to get water spot etching/fading.
                      Wills
                      Windows & Wheels Auto Detailing LLC
                      www.WindowsAndWheels.com
                      "It's not acceptable if it's not exceptional"

Comment

If you need something that works better than Simple Green try PDcleaner its much better at removing built up brake dust, the foam breaks up tough set-in stains. Heres a video of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXBKY4k3lUo

Comment

Cleaning Plasti Dip

Originally posted by PD Cleaner View Post
                          If you need something that works better than Simple Green try PDcleaner its much better at removing built up brake dust, the foam breaks up tough set-in stains. Heres a video of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXBKY4k3lUo
                          I believe its illegal to sell a chemical without a label. Looks to me like foaming bathroom cleaner that you ripped the label off of.
                          sigpic
                          Louisiana DipYourCar Authorized Installer
                          http://UndercoverCoatings.com
                          Facebook and Instagram @UndercoverCoatings

Comment

I used some a half of a pump of simple green wp_20140627_11_52_28_pro.jpg on black matte dip (whole car dipped about 8 months ago). The area that I sprayed now has a white haze where I sprayed it. WTF?!? I just washed my car about an hour before hand and was just working to get a drip of sap off. Any ideas?

UPDATE:
                            Just tried washing that area again with dipwash and distilled water, "white stain" is still there.
                            Last edited by zerosignal0; 06-27-2014, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Windex FTW. Though nothing cleans dip like Pre-Dip spray. I swear I scuff my rocker panel every time I get in my car with black dress shoes. Pre-Dip takes it right off. ***** pre-dip does NOT. That's how you know DYC makes the good stuff
                              Authorized DipYourCar Installer ||sigpic | www.chicagodipped.com

Comment

Working...
                              X